CalPIP Application Home
Note: CalPIP is not able to process a full year of data without the user choosing other criteria that would limit their selections. Users who work with large Pesticide Use Report (PUR) datasets (i.e. entire years or all products) should go to:
- Data Archives to download free copies (.zip files) of full years of Pesticide Use Data (1974 through most recent available), or
- Contact PUR.Inquiry@cdpr.ca.gov
Introduction and Overview
Welcome to the California Pesticide Information Portal project (CalPIP). This site delivers user-friendly Internet access to the Department of Pesticide Regulation's (DPR) extensive pesticide use and label information (PUR Data Source), Ground Water Protection Area information (GWPA Data Source), and the Pesticide Regulation's Endangered Species Custom Realtime Internet Bulletin Engine (PRESCRIBE Data Source). more introduction information
Updates and Information:
- Previous years of CalPIP data are periodically refreshed to incoroprate any corrections and late reports.
- 2018 Pesticide Use Report data has been added to the database.
- PUR data from 1990 to 2018 was refreshed from the internal database.
- Previous updates and Information.
Additional notes on version updates and bug fixed can be found here: more information about updates.
First Time Users
If this is your first visit to our site, you may want additional information to make your visit more successful. more first time user information
About the Data Sources
- Pesticide Use Reporting
The California Pesticide Information Portal provides you with easy access to California's extensive database of pesticide use information. more PUR information
- Ground Water Protection
The GWPA data source allows you to determine whether a particular section is a GWPA. more GWPA information
- Pesticide Regulation's Endangered Species Custom Realtime Internet Bulletin Engine (PRESCRIBE)
The PRESCRIBE data source provides information on pesticide use limitations for the protection of endangered species for user-selected sites and pesticides. more PRESCRIBE information
Query a Data Source
Begin your query by first choosing a data source from the "Data Sources" section at the top of the CalPIP Navigation Menu. If you are using a mobile device, click the "Toggle CalPIP Navigation Menu" button at the top of the page to display the menu.
Warning: Application use is timed. Each session will time out after 30 minutes lack of activity, and all previous query settings will be lost. more information on querying a data source
Version 2020.01 (2018 PUR Data Update)